Every so often, when we least expect it, a rare opportunity may present itself. An opportunity to forget how far apart we live and how much of our lives we miss while we’re missing each other. If I had it my way, I’d never have to miss anyone, especially my parents. So, needless to say, I was a little more than ecstatic when my father told me he’d be paying us a visit in a few days. Those few days ended on a Monday morning, when he packed his bags and drove a little bit farther than anyone would want to, letting us know just how much he loves us. I learned a lot during the five days that I got to see my wonderful father:
1. Pulling hair and biting are signs of affection.
2. When you’re just too tired, there’s always a shoulder to sleep on.
3. Children and Puppies aren’t the only ones who can have fun.
4. It’s always nice to have a little support.
5. Watching movies with Pawpaw is especially fun– so choose wisely.
6. And laughter really is the best medicine.